Thursday, August 23, 2012

HOW TO BUY KALE

My customer wanted some Kale recipes. so I did some hunting and found two ideas. Of course, neither of them looks like what I found - there is always room for improvement.

I also found out how NOT to buy kale while working on these recipes. Chopped Kale in a bag looks real convenient but has two major problems. One; it may not be young, fresh and tender. Two; they may not remove the tough stems before chopping.

I had to pick it out of the bag piece by piece, remove the stems where necessary, and chop it further to the recipe specifications. I think I had more work than if I had bought bunches of kale. The brand was Cut and Clean and it was all of that, but not a lot more

The photo shows the size of some of the stems I removed from the bag of Kale.You could cook those for weeks and they would never get tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment